Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Understanding Jung and Understanding the Audience

Telling stories is about putting yourself forward as a vehicle for human understanding. The storytellers of the future could gain a much greater understanding of humanity, and more specifically themselves and their audience, by studying the work of Carl Gustav Jung.

His work in the area of psychology informed the creation of the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator which is a test that can be taken online HERE.

Jung has been informing artists and storytellers for some time. The below documentary looks at the life of the man and his journey as an individual.


1 comment:

  1. So true! I read everything Jung (and Campbell, while we're at it) I could get my hands on this summer, before starting work on my next comic project. It never occurred to me to link psychology and story before, but now I feel like a much stronger storyteller because of it.

    ReplyDelete